I got this photo from Jeff Miller this week of an Asian Carp that jumped into his boat while fishing below Wilson Dam on Pickwick Lake. Let’s hope those invasive species will not breed in Pickwick, if so they could make boating on the lake dangerous.
I received this photo today from Dave with another 6.08 pound largemouth. Dave told me he caught a lot of good fish early but dropped off later in the day.
Nate Nester and his Mom dropped by the local Gander Mountain in Florence today to pick up Nate a new spinning reel combo. I was privileged to meet Nate and his Mom and help them pick out the new combo. This is a photo they sent me this afternoon of Nate with a nice big bass he caught recently. I hope to be getting more photos of this future Bass-master and the fish he catches on his new outfit. Thanks again for the photo…
Derek Shelton sent me this photo from a recent fishing trip on the Tennessee River system. He did not disclose where or what he caught this nice bass on. Derek was married a couple of weeks ago with Amelia Ellis the daughter of one of my fishing partners Ronnie Ellis.
Check out this nice smallmouth taken by Katherine McAdam’s on a fishing trip today with her Dad Bo. From that big smile I can tell she is now hooked on smallmouth fishing with her Dad from now on. Maybe one day I’ll add her to my Pro Staff on the Lady Bass Anglers Association!
Noah Suratt sent me this photo of a 5.5 pound smallmouth he caught on a recent fishing trip. I can tell by talking to Noah that he will be a great fisherman and a great person as he grows older. Thanks for the photo and I really enjoy talking to you Noah, drop by and see me any time.
I received this photo from Andrew Gautney of his Dad, David Gautney with a couple of nice bass he caught from Pickwick recently. Thanks for sharing Andrew..
Check out these nice smallmouth caught by Bo McAdams and Lyn Melton from a trip yesterday. They told me they had a couple double during the trip with lots of smallmouth, largemouth and Black Perch or Goggle Eyes.
The Shellcrackers are biting now on the Tennessee River system by the evidence of this nice one caught on a recent trip by Amy and Johnny Muse. That’s one nice Shellcracker!
Shoals Youth Bassmasters 2013 Tournament Schedule has been released.
- May 25, 2013 – Wheeler Lake – First Creek Ramp
- June 8, 2013 – Pickwick Lake – Colbert Park Ramp
- June 22, 2013 – Wilson Lake – Fleet Harbor Ramp
- July 20, 2013 – Elk River (Wheeler) Lee Hi Bridge Ramp
- August 10, 2013 – Wilson Lake – Lock Six Ramp
- August 24, 2013 – Pickwick Lake – McFarland Park Ramp
Tournament will start at 7:00 am and weight-in will be at 11:00 am.
There will be(3) three divisions for these tournaments.
- 10 years and under
- 11 years through 15 years
- 16 years through 18 years
- Anglers in each division must have a responsible adult advisor.
- The year end picnic will be held after the last tournament of the year.
- You must be a member prior to this tournament.
- Call 256-757-1660 for more information or email email@example.com